Saturday 13 October 2012

Let Them Eat Bat-Cake

I HAD A BIRTHDAY recently.  I'm pretty easy to buy for, usually anything Batman related or Exploitation related (for Knifed in Venice) and I'm good.  The better half bakes a lot, she used to bake more but she stopped so I didn't top out at 600lbs for my birthday but she takes up the baking challenge every year.  Every year she asks what cake I want for my birthday, every year I say "Don't be worrying kid I don't need a cake" but she keeps pushing so I stick it to her.  Last year I asked for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cake.  She made it, Raphael of course, this year I yelped "Batman baby Batman!".
You wouldn't think I'm 31, she keeps me young.  I ended up with a decent enough wee haul.  Centurions DVD for the inner child (granted my inner child is a little closer to the surface than most), a grappling gun from original mould used to make the gun for Batman Begins and an Exploitation boxset to keep Knifed in Venice ticking over.  I'm told Molly (our pug) picked the Centurions DVD, I don't doubt it.  Check out her DVD programming [here].  The next photo isn't really me, she adds glitter and hearts to everything she touches, I'm more of a beer rings and surgical scars man myself.
Finally here's a little scale.  This god-damn cake lasted a week with a full office of munchers working at it between the hours of 9 and 5.  Respect.